Tuesday 18 November 2014

Spiced Pear at Hepworth


My sister and her boyfriend love fine food and a good glass of wine, and as such they eat out quite a bit. This results a steady stream of live reviews on where and where not to go for every possible dining occasion.

Last week was her birthday so when the family arrange to go out for Sunday lunch I knew we wouldn't be heading to local Toby Carvery. Instead she suggested the Spiced Pear at Hepworth which is about half way between Manchester where I live and Wakefield near where she lives.



After a very drizzly drive over Woodhead Pass cutting through the foggy moors I arrived at the very warm and inviting restaurant that is seemingly in the middle of nowhere on the side of a hill... I'm sure the view are stunning on a clear day.

A pianist tickling the ivories greets you and subtly entertained throughout the afternoon. After a good catch up with the whole family unit it was time to get down to business, the decision of what to order. Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm shit at making decisions about what to order in restaurants. Basically, I'm a greedy fuck and I want it all!

I settled on the rabbit starter choosing it over the trout, for main it was roast rib eye of beef with Yorkshire - it was Sunday after all.  It came with tonnes of veg, everything from pickled red cabbage to baby potatoes smothered in butter.

When it came down to, "do you want to see a dessert menu" there was no indecision, the answer is always yes. Any my choice was easy too... I love a lemon tart! I also love a crème brulee and this lemon tart had that beautiful caramel crust on top. I was in pudding heaven.

I've written before about how hard it is to find a decent Sunday lunch anywhere but the Spiced Pear will be going on the list of recommendations. It's not the cheapest or the most convenient place to get to but certainly worth the treat and the effort. A nice place to catch up with family and be waited on so attentively.



1 comment:

  1. Always room for dessert! Sounds fab and the pics look great :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete